We take this opportunity to thank you all for the great response to the call to get vaccinated against COVID-19. The exercise has been running since 23rd March 2021 at UNON and has been supported by the UN System and the Kenya Government vaccination programmes.
We are happy to announce that UNON JMS will now deploy Covid-19 booster vaccines following the Kenya Government directive to avail COVID-19 booster vaccination to those who are fully vaccinated and are considered eligible under the country programme.
JMS Deployment and Eligibility:
- JMS will deploy the booster vaccines starting 4th January 2022. Eligible UN personnel and dependents, retirees, diplomats, iNGO personnel, contractors and household members will be invited via email and a time slot advised to enable management of access to the complex and implementation of COVID-19 protocols.
- You must have completed 6 months from the date of your 2nd dose vaccination or from the date of vaccination in a single dose regimen.
- In addition to the 6-month eligibility cut-off, the vaccination schedule will also consider prioritization that was factored in at the start of the exercise such as for special groups such as health care workers, those aged above 58 years and persons at higher risk from underlying health conditions. Notwithstanding this, all eligible persons who have completed 6 months since full vaccination will be scheduled for the booster vaccine.
- Final screening & verification will be done by the vaccination team on site before administration of the booster vaccines.
Vaccines for the booster rollout:
- The Astra Zeneca, Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be availed as a booster dose to those who are fully vaccinated as from 6 months after completion of the primary vaccination series.
- The same or a different vaccine can be administered as the booster dose.
- Booster doses under the program require registration on the Ministry of Health (MOH) platform https://portal.health.go.ke/ for those not previously registered or vaccinated under the MOH program.
- Please ensure you can access your vaccination details under the MOH platform to ease access to the booster vaccination.
The COVID-19 vaccination exercise for those who are still receiving their 1st and 2nd doses will remain open to personnel, dependents, and household members, sponsored iNGO personnel and UN contractors who have not received any vaccination for COVID-19 so far. Recording and issuance of the vaccine certificate will be based on the Government of Kenya MOH Chanjo portal. All eligible persons are therefore invited to complete their Covid-19 vaccination as scheduled.
The vaccination exercise will now revert to the previous schedule of Mondays 10am to 3pm, Tuesday to Thursday 9am to 3pm and Fridays 9am to 1pm. To fully support the exercise, JMS routine services will be temporarily scaled back to reduce demand on our staff as they facilitate the campaign.
For more information or clarification, kindly get in touch at: email@example.com