The COVID-19 Pandemic continues to advance globally and in Kenya. The importance of continuing with prevention measures cannot be overemphasized for all of us. Consistent practice of COVID-19 Prevention measures is important not just for the individual person, but also for families, communities, and colleagues who need to be safeguarded by virtue of their regular interactions in the course of work. Within the context of UN Offices, it is important to preserve our mutual wellbeing especially when we are required to perform on-site critical functions from time to time.
JMS would like to reiterate the actions we all need to take in the effort to preserve our health and that of our colleagues and family members as we collectively fight the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Closely Observe your health:
We strongly recommend that you remain alert and observe your health for possible COVID-19 symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms
- Body aches
Do not self-medicate while ignoring persistent symptoms that need to be properly evaluated by a medical practitioner.
Every day before you leave the house, ask yourself if you are in good health, check your temperature, if there is any concern, even a seemingly minor flu or sore throat, do not go to the office, stay home and call JMS.
- If you do fall sick, practice self-isolation and DO NOT go to work even if you are listed as a critical staff member. Inform your supervisor of the expected absence and proceed to inform JMS about your illness or concerns.
- JMS is available for you on 24/7 basis through our cell number 0724 255 378 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have opportunity to discuss your symptoms and will be guided on possible risks for COVID-19, necessary testing, and referral options if required.
- Take care of your mental & physical health and encourage others to do so. Several options are available including personal physical fitness routines, UN Recreation Center tips and videos, regular JMS mental health broadcasts and online counseling support.
- Connect with friends, family, or colleagues to stay motivated and feel valued.
- Avoid Stigma in relation to COVID-19. Anybody can get this infection or require quarantine for observation.
Keep Safe and Healthy!
JMS 24/7 emergency call line: Tel: +254 724 255 378 OR Email: email@example.com