Do you know your SALSA score? Take a SALSA test below to guide you on the next steps.
How can you tell if you or someone else is depressed?
If for a period of two weeks or more one has been experiencing depressed mood, or anhedonia and any other five signs and symptoms from the list above, then one should suspect that they may be suffering from clinical depression. However, one should get in touch with their doctor or the UNON staff counselor for further assistance.
In addition the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) below is a two question questionnaire that may help you reflect back to your feelings over the past one month.
During the past month, have you frequently been bothered by:-
- “Little interest or pleasure in doing things?”
- “Feeling down, depressed or hopelessness?”
If you have answered either question positive, then take the following SALSA questionnaire. A positive result is a positive response in one of the above two questions and two of the answers below positive:
- Sleep disturbance nearly every day for the last 2 weeks?
- Have you experienced little interest or pleasure in doing things nearly every day for the last 2 weeks (Anhedonia)?
- Have you experienced Low Self esteem nearly every day for the last 2 weeks?
- Have you experienced decreased Appetite nearly every day for the last 2 weeks?"
Seek medical counsel should the result be positive.